Getting started with Dynamics 365
SynopsisThis guide will explain how to create your Dynamics 365 instance and assign roles to users.
Applicable toAll Microsoft Dynamics admin CRM users
You must have a Dynamics 365 subscription and an administrator username and password.
After subscribing to Dynamics 365, the following steps are required before you can access your Dynamics 365 tenant:
1. Log in to the Office 365 portal with your administrator username and password. Select Admin centers, and then Dynamics 365.
Complete the required fields to create your Dynamics 365 instance.Note: The language and currency that you choose during this step are permanent and not modifiable; however, you can add additional languages and currencies at any time.
3. Select Configure to complete the configuration.
4. Select Open to go to Dynamics 365.
5. In Dynamics 365, go to Settings > Security > Users. Double-click on the user you wish to modify.Note: If you have not yet created users or assigned licenses, please do so prior to this step. Go to the Admin centers, select users > active users. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
6. Select Manage Roles
7. Add the desired security role to the user. The roles you choose will determine what the user can and cannot see. When done, click OK.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsDynamics 365, getting started, setup, create instance
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel