Please select a product
How to add a Web Part (SharePoint 2010)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to add a Web Part in SharePoint 2010.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2010 account
How toNote: Make sure the Web Part you intend on installing is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Step 1 – Uploading the Web Part in SharePoint
- Make sure you are logged into SharePoint as the site administrator.
- Navigate to the parent site1.
- Go to Site Actions - Site Settings.
- Under Galleries, click on Web Parts .
- Go to Library Tools Documents- Upload Document.
- Click on Browse.
- Select the file you wish to upload and then click on Open.
- Click on OK.
Step 2 – Adding the Web Part to a page
- Navigate to the page where you want to install the Web part.
- Go to Site Actions - Edit Page.
- Click on Add a Web Part where you want to install the new part.
- In the Web Part list, select the part you want to install and then click on Add.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- The top-level site is called a parent site and the subsites built within it are called child sites.
KeywordsSharePoint, Exchange, Web part, add
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel