How to add a Web Part (SharePoint 2013)
SynopsisWeb Parts add new functionalities to your Cloud SharePoint 2013 site pages. This guide will show you how to add them to your site.
Applicable toAll SherWeb Cloud SharePoint 2013 accounts.
- You must have a SherWeb Hosted SharePoint 2013 account
Note: Make sure the Web Part you intend on installing is compatible with SharePoint Foundation 2013. Also don’t be confused with Apps. For instructions on how to install Apps, view this guide instead: How to install SharePoint Apps.
Step 1 – Uploading the Web Part in SharePoint
1) Make sure you are logged into SharePoint as the site administrator.
2) Navigate to the parent site.1
3) Go to Settings - Site Settings.
4) Under Web Designer Galleries, click on Web parts.
5) Click on the Files tab - Upload Document.
6) Click on Choose File.
7) Select the file you wish to upload and then click on Open.
8) Click on OK.
Step 2 – Adding the Web Part to a page
1) Navigate to the page where you want to install the Web part.
2) Click on Edit.
3) Click on the Insert tab and then click on Web Part where you want to install the new part.
4) In the Web Part list, select the part you want to install and then click on Add.
5) Click on Save.
1. The top-level site is called a parent site and the sub-sites built within it are called sub-sites.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
KeywordsWeb, Parts, add, New, functionalities, Cloud, SharePoint, 2013
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel