How to add your Exchange account to Outlook for Android
SynopsisThis guide explains how to add your Exchange account to Outlook for Android
Applicable toAll Exchange accounts
You must have an Exchange account and an Android mobile device
1. Install and open the Outlook app on your Android phone or tablet.Note: Make sure that you select the Microsoft Outlook app, and not the native Android mail app.
2. If you are not using Outlook for other email accounts, you will brought to the Add Account screen.
- Tap the Menu
- Tap the Gear icon
- Tap Add Account
Otherwise, click Get Started
- Uncheck any current accounts that Outlook for Android found on your device
- Tap SKIP
3. At the Add Account screen:
- Enter your email address
- Tap CONTINUE
4. Fill in the Password field and, if you wish, the Description field.
Turn on the Use Advanced Settings button.
5. If the Server field is blank, or contains an incorrect server name (i.e. not the same as your webmail address), then enter your server name. If you are unsure of your server name, contact your administrator.
In the Domain\Username field, enter the server domain name\your_email_address. Use the info below to determine you server domain name. Ex: If your webmail address starts with webmail05, enter S05\your_email_address in the Domain\Username field:
- For webmail05, enter S05\your_email_address in the Domain\Username field.
- For webmail12, enter S12\your_email_address in the Domain\Username field.
- For webmail14, enter S14\your_email_address in the Domain\Username field.
- For webmail19, enter S19\your_email_address in the Domain\Username field.
Tap the check mark in the top right-hand corner
Your account should now be added to Outlook for Android.
6. (optional) To add another account, tap CONTINUE, otherwise, tap SKIP.
7. (optional) To adjust some basic settings, tap the Menu, followed by the Gear icon.
Here you can:
Note: If you get a login error, please verify that your email address, password and server are entered correctly, and that you are connected to wi-fi, or your phone carrier’s wireless network. You may need to switch to your own wireless internet if fails while using a public wi-fi. (Ex: If it fails over wi-fi at the store where you are purchasing the device, switch to 3G or LTE). If it continues to fail, contact your administrator or contact us directly: it is possible that ActiveSync is not enabled for your mailbox, or that you have reached the limit of devices that can be associated with it.
- choose your Default mail account
- set up your Signature
- turn Focused Inbox and Organize By Thread off or on
- adjust other settings
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsOutlook for Android, Mobile, Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016, Exchange 2019
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel