How to automatically configure your Exchange account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
SynopsisThis guide explains how to add an Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 account in Outlook 2016 for Mac using the automatic method.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 accounts
You must have an Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 email account with SherWeb and a valid copy of Outlook 2016 for Mac.Note: It is recommended to first import data from Outlook 2011 and other formats (.pst/.olm) if you have any, before you add your Exchange email account.
How toNote: Outlook 2016 for Mac allows you to add an Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 e-mail account automatically with the help of Autodiscover, which is the Exchange service that configures accounts settings automatically.
In order for Outlook to reach Autodiscover, a DNS entry must be added in your domain’s public DNS. Refers to the guides below to learn more.
Once you have confirmed that your Autodiscover record has been created, follow the steps below to add your SherWeb Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 account to Outlook 2016 for Mac.
1. In the Finder, click on Applications, and then double-click on Microsoft Outlook.Note: If you already use Outlook 2016 for Mac, the main window displays after you double-click Microsoft Outlook. Select the Tools menu, and then Accounts.
If a pop-up asks to use information in a keychain, click Always Allow.
When opening Outlook 2016 for Mac for the first time, select Add Email Account or Add Others.
2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
3. Use the following settings:
- Method: choose username and password from the dropdown menu
- Email Address: your email address
- Domain\username or Email: your email address (username)
- Password: your password
- Server (optional): leave field blank. (Alternatively, you can enter your webmail address – ex: webmail05.sherwebcloud.com. However, if Autodiscover is set up in your DNS, you should not need to enter anything here.)
- Click Add Account
4. A pop-up will appear asking you to allow Autodiscover to get new settings for your account. Make sure that the server mentioned is the correct one, and not, for example, a server that you are moving away from. If it is a different server, please contact your administrator. Otherwise, select Allow.
5. Select Done if you do not wish to add another account.
6. Modify the Full Name field, if you wish.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
Keywordsconfigure, Add account, Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016, Outlook 2016 for Mac
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel