How to automatically configure your Exchange account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
SynopsisThis article shows how to automatically configure your Exchange account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 accounts
A SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 accountNote: It is recommended to first import data from Outlook 2011 and other formats (.pst/.olm) if you have any, before you add your Exchange email account.
1. In the Finder, click on Applications, and then double-click on Microsoft Outlook.Note: If you've already been using Outlook 2016 and the main window is displayed just after you double-click Microsoft Outlook, under the Tools menu, click on Accounts and go to step 6 to continue.
2. If a pop-up asks for your approval to use infomation in a keychain, click Always Allow.
3. When you're opening Outlook 2016 for Mac for the first time, you have to click on Next (arrow) on the Welcome to Outlook screen, then on Get started to start the configuration.
4. Click on Start Using Outlook.
5. Click on Add Account.
6. Click on Exchange or Office 365.
7. Enter your E-mail address in the first field. Keep the Authentication Method to its default value (User Name and Password).
In the User name field, make sure you re-enter your e-mail address, then enter your e-mail account password in the Password field.
Keep the Configure automatically option checked.
8. Click on the Add Account button.
This should complete the configuration successfully.Note: If you receive the error "This Exchange account cannot be added. Note that Outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or later", follow the manual configuration procedure from step 7.
9. Both the Accounts screen and the Outlook main window pop up.
10. You can close the Accounts screen and start using your email service.
Should you need any help, please contact us.
KeywordsOutlook, 2016, Mac, add, account, configure, Exchange, Automatic, automatically
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel