How to Back Up a NAS Using Online Backup
SynopsisThis guide will explain how you can use Online Backup to back up a network share, including shared folders created on a NAS.
Applicable toAll Online Backup users
You must have an Online Backup account.
How toNote: You can back up a NAS with file-level backup. Disk-level backup is not available for a NAS device.
Step 1: Add the machineNote: If your machine has already been added, you can skip to step 2.
1. Log into the Online Backup web portal, select devices and choose add.
2. Select the type of device you wish to back up. This will initiate the download of the backup agent for the device.
3. Once downloaded, run the installer on your machine, following the prompts from the installation wizard.
Step 2: Create your backup job
1. Return to the Online Backup web portal, select the machine you wish to back up, and click Backup.
2. Select Create new
3. Select What to back up and choose Files/folders.
4. Select Items to back up.
5. Choose Select files and folders.
6. Choose Network Folder.
7. Click on the plus (+) sign next to the Network folder you wish to back up and enter the username and password if required, then OK.
8. Click Done
9. Select other settings and click Apply.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsOnline Backup, NAS, network share, shared folders
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel