How to backup and export Outlook rules and signatures (Exchange 2010)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to backup and export Outlook 2003 rules and signatures and upload them in Outlook 2010..
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- a SherWeb Exchange 2010 account
- Outlook 2010
Outlook rules and signatures are stored locally on a computer and therefore cannot be exported automatically. This guide will show you how to backup, export and then import Outlook rules and signatures simply and rapidly.
- Open Outlook 2003 and click on Tools, then Rules and Alerts.
- Click on Options and then Export Rules.
- Select a saving location and click on Save. This file contains your rules backup.
- Open Outlook 2003 and click on Tools, then click on Options.
- Click on the Mail Format tab and then click on Signatures.
- Simply copy the contents of your signature in a text editor file and save it on your computer.
- In Outlook 2010, click on File, and then click on Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click on Options, and then click on Import Rules.
- Find your rules file and click on Open.
Migrating a signature is simply a matter of copying the text you saved in your text editor and pasting it.
- In Outlook 2010, click on File, and then click on Options.
- Click on Mail and then click on Signatures.
- Click on New and then enter your text into the Edit signature field.
- Your signature is now part of your new Outlook 2010 profile.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsoutlook 2010, Outlook 2003, rules, Signature, import, export, Backup