How to check the size of an Exchange mailbox in Outlook
SynopsisHow to check the size of an Exchange mailbox in Outlook.
Applicable toAll Sherweb Hosted Exchange accounts.
- You must have a SherWeb hosted Exchange account.
- You must have an Exhchange Outlook profile.
How toNote: A warning will be sent to all Exchange users when their mailboxes are almost at full capacity (100Mb of space left). The server will then prohibit users from sending and receiving email.
If after deleting data from Outlook, the mailbox size is still large, it is advised to empty the deleted items folder from OWA.
1) Open Outlook
2) Right-click on the Mailbox folder and then click on Data File Properties (Outlook 2013 shown)
3) In the General tab, click on Folder Size.
4) Click on the Server Data tab and you will see the size of your mailbox listed next to Total Size (including subfolders).
Note: Your subfolders are included in the size of the mailbox.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
Keywordsmailbox, size, Outlook
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel