How to clear the Outlook 2013 Autocomplete Cache
SynopsisThis guide will explain you how to clear the Outlook 2013 autocomplete cache.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange accounts
Outlook 2013 installed and configured for that account.
Easiest method (Clear out individual entries)
1. In the Outlook main window, generate a new email by clicking on the Create a new item icon.
2. In your new email To field, start typing the email address or the name of the contact you would like to clear from the autocomplete cache. It appears listed in a tool-tip.
Press the down arrow key to select the right contact if there are more than one proposed.
Click the delete (X) icon to permanently remove the autocomplete entry you selected.
Advanced method (Clear out the whole AutoComplete cache)
1. In the Outlook main window, click the File menu. From the File menu, click the Options button.
2. In the Options, click the Mail tab and browse to the Send Messages section. Click the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
3. A confirmation box will appear, click Yes. The AutoComplete cache will be completely erased.
If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook, 2013, Clear, Cache, autocomplete
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel