Please select a product
How to configure a POP3 account in Outlook 2011 for Mac (Exchange 2010)
SynopsisHow to configure a POP3 account in Outlook 2011 for Mac with Exchange 2010.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- You must have a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 account
- You must have an Outlook 2011 client
- Open Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Click on E-mail Account.
- Enter your email address in the E-mail address field and your password in the Password field. Then, choose POP in the Type dropdown menu, enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com) in the Incoming server field, check the box Use SSL to connect, enter the SMTP value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: SMTP.example.com) in the Outgoing server field, check the boxes Override default port and Use SSL to connect, change the port to 587 for the Outgoing server. Finally, click on Add Account.
- Click on More Options.
- Choose Use Incoming Server Info in the Authentication drop down menu and then click on OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook 2011, Mac, Exchange 2010, POP
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel