How to configure ActiveSync on an iPhone or an iPad (Exchange 2007)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to configure the iPhone or iPad with Exchange 2007 ActiveSync.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange accounts.
You must have a SherWeb Exchange 2007 account.
If you have recently updated the firmware on your iPhone, turn off your device and then turn it back on. Failure to do so will not allow you to successfully connect to Exchange with the settings below.
- In the main screen, click Settings, followed by Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Click Add Account and then click Microsoft Exchange.
- You will have to enter your account information. In the Email address field, enter your hosted Exchange email address.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- In the box Username, type in your main email address (i.e. the one you use when logging into Outlook Web Access).
- In the Password field, enter your SherWeb Exchange account password.
- Click Next.
- If a pop-up window appears stating “Unable to verify certificate”, click Accept.
- In the box Server, enter: webmail..net
- Click Next.
- A pop-up window will appear stating that the "Account has been verified."
- On the next screen, you will be asked to "Select info to synchronize using Exchange." Only turn the features ON if you desire to have them synchronized with your Exchange account. When you are done, click Save.
- You will find yourself back to the mail, contacts and calendar default screen. You may adjust your mail settings according to you preferences.
Your iPhone will automatically synchronize the last three (3) days of emails. To synchronize older messages, please follow these steps:
1.Click Settings and then, click Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
2.Click Exchange account.
3.Click Mail days to sync and select from No Limit to 1 Month. By selecting No Limit, you will synchronize all the messages found in your mailbox.
KeywordsiPhone, iPad, Active Sync, Exchange 2007
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel