How to configure Outlook 2007 (Exchange 2007)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to manually configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2007 accounts.
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Outlook 2007
- a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2007 account
How toNote : We now have an Outlook configuration tool. Please refer to the FAQ #27: How to set up an Outlook profile using the configuration tool (Exchange 2007).
- On your Desktop, click on Start - Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail icon to access your Outlook settings.
- Click on Show profiles.
- Click on Add.
- Type a name for your new profile and then click on OK.
- Check the box Manually Configure server settings and then click on Next.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange option and then click on Next.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server field, enter vmbx121 and make sure Use Cached Exchange Mode is selected. In the User Name field, enter your e-mail address. Then, click on More Settings.
- A window should appear stating that The action cannot be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. Click on OK.
- In the next window, click on OK.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Under Outlook Anywhere, check the box Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP option, and then click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
- In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field, enter webmail..net. Make sure that both On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP and On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP are selected and that the Proxy authentication settings are at Basic Authentication. Then, click on OK.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.
- Back to the Microsoft Exchange Settings, make sure your username is correct and then click on Check Name.
- You will get a pop-up window asking for your username and password. Make sure they are both correct and then click on OK.
- If all the steps have been followed correctly, both your name and the Exchange Server will be underlined. Click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Open Outlook.
- A dialog box with your e-mail address should appear. Enter your password and then click on OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook 2007, configure, Exchange 2007
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel