How to configure Outlook 2007 using POP3 (Exchange 2010)
SynopsisHow to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 using POP3.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- You must have Outlook 2007
- You must have a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 account
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools > Account settings. Outlook_Tools_Account_Settings.
- In the E-mail tab, click on New.
- Under Choose E-mail service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and then click on Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Choose E-mail Service, select Internet E-mail and then click on Next.
- Fill in your Internet E-mail settings mentioned below and then click on More Settings.
Your name: type a name that you want to appear as being displayed
Email address: your e-mail address with us
Account type: choose POP3 in the menu
Incoming mail server: enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com)
Outgoing mail server: enter the SMTP value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: SMTP.example.com)Note: After authenticating yourself, you will not be able to send out after pressing the Test E-mail Settings button. You will then need to use the SMTP server address of your ISP provider, as their mail server will not allow e-mail relays.
User Name: your email address
Password: your password
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- For the Incoming Server (POP3), enter 995 and check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). For the Outgoing Server, enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection. Then, click on OK.
- Back to “Internet E-mail Settings”, click on Next.
- Click on Close.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsPOP3, configure, setting, SMTP, Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010