How to configure Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 using the Autoconnect method (Exchange 2013)
SynopsisHow to configure Outlook 2013 using the Autoconnect method (Exchange 2013).
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2013 accounts
- You must have a SherWeb hosted Exchange account
- You must have Outlook 2013 or 2016
- You must have a configured A record*
*Please refer to the FAQ: How to add an autodiscover record in a DNS (Exchange 2013).
- You must have a mailbox assigned to your user*
*Please refer to the FAQ : How to assign a mailbox to a user (Exchange 2013).
1) On your Desktop, go to Start - Control Panel.
2) Click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
3) Click on Mail.
4) Click on Add.
5) Enter a name for your new profile (e.g. Outlook or SherWeb) and then click on OK.
6) In the Add New E-mail Account window, enter the following information, and then click on Next.
Your Name: type the name you wish others to see when they receive emails from you.
E-mail Address: type your e-mail address. It should be as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: type your email password
Retype Password: retype your password
7) A window will appear. Check the box Don't ask me about this website again and then click on Allow.
8) Enter your regular email address and password in the connection window that appears.
9) Click on Finish.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions.
KeywordsHow, How to, configure, Outlook, Outlook 2013, autoconnect, method (Exchange 2013), Outlook 2016
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel