How to convert POP3 accounts to SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 mailboxes
SynopsisThis guide will help you to convert POP3 mailboxes to SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
At least one SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 account.Note: This procedure is for customers who already have Exchange 2010 accounts currently hosted at SherWeb. It assumes you have a mix of POP3 accounts for other domains or organizations and hosted Exchange 2010 for your main organization, and that you wish to standardize your e-mail accounts management by converting your existing POP3 accounts to hosted Exchange mailboxes.
1. You need to purchase additional Exchange mailboxes from the account manager at https://client.sherweb.com.
3. Assign one mailbox to each newly created user. Detailed instructions are given in this FAQ.
4. Make sure you point your MX records to SherWeb if this has not already been done (you can see them in your Control Panel) and set your domain to Authoritative. Detailed instructions are given in this FAQ.
5. Next, export data from the original Outlook profile to a PST file (for the new mailboxes).
Using a PC:
Using a Mac:
6. Import emails (for the news mailboxes) and let them synchronize, as instructed in this article.
7. For the new mailboxes, users will need to set up their Outlook. Detailed instructions are given in this FAQ.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsconvert, migrate, Exchange 2010, POP3
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel