How to create a SharePoint 2013 site
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create your SharePoint 2013 site via the Control Panel.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2013 accounts.
A SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2013 account.
Make sure you have access to your domain DNS configuration.
- Log into the Control Panel.
- Click on Manage Sites, located in the SharePoint section.
- Click on Create a new SharePoint site.
- Choose a Plan from the drop- down menu.
- Enter a name for your site in the Name field.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter a URL in the Url field.
- If you wish to make an SSL protected site, put a checkmark next to Is SSL.
- Decide which user will be the primary site owner from the Owner drop-down menu.
- Choose the language of your site (this cannot be changed later) and choose a site template.
- Click on Create.
- Take note of the IP address that is displayed in yellow as you will need it in step 6.
- On your DNS server, create a new entry to point to the IP address you recorded at step 5. To achieve that, go in your registrar's Control Panel (ex: GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.) and create an A host record called sharepoint.
Example: GoDaddy: Host name = sharepoint (This is to have http://sharepoint.example.com/ as your SharePoint URL)
sharepoint.example.com internet address=18.104.22.168
If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsNew, create, hosted, site, SharePoint, 2013, Control Panel
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel