How to create an Exchange account in Outlook 2011 for Mac using the manual method (Exchange 2010)
SynopsisHow to create an Exchange 2010 account in Outlook 2011 for Mac using the manual method.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- You must have a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2010 account
- You must have an Outlook 2011 client
- Click on the Outlook icon.
- Click on Tools and then on Accounts.
- Click on Exchange account.
- Enter your email address in the E-mail address field, your DOMAIN\your_SAM_Account_Name (You can find your SAM account name in your Control Panel in the Contact information section. ex: S04\user_example.com) in the User Name field, your email password in the Password field and enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com) in the Server field. Make sure the box Configure automatically is NOT checked and then click on Add Account.
Note: Newer account might require you to put S04\ instead of DOMAIN\.
- Check the box Always use my response for this server and then click on Allow.
- Give your account a name in the Account description field.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook 2011, Mac, Exchange 2010, New account, manual