How to create an Online Backup user account
SynopsisThis guide will explain how to create a user in the Online Backup portal
Applicable toAll Online Backup users
- Online Backup must have been added to your services in Cumulus.
- Creating a user account requires admin privileges.
1. Go to https://backup.cld.services, enter the LOGIN name of an admin user, the password, and then select Management Portal.
2. Select manage accounts from the list on the left-hand side.
3. Select your organization from the list under groups.
4. Select Add account.
5. Specify the following information for the account:
Note: Each account must have a unique login. If the login name already exists (even outside your own organization) you will be asked to create a different login name. You can create multiple logins for the same email address.
- Email address
- First name (optional)
- Last name (optional)
- To make the new account an administrator, enable the Administrator privileges switch.
- (optional) Disable the Agent auto update switch. If you do this, the agents that are registered under this account will not be updated automatically when a new version is released.
- (optional) Specify the storage quota and the maximum number of machines/devices/mailboxes the user is allowed to back up.
Office 365 mailboxes
- (optional) Specify the Quota overages. An overage allows the user to exceed the quota by the specified value. When the overage is exceeded, backups fail.
- (optional) In Backup locations, select the backup locations for this account. The following options are available:
Local and cloud
- (optional) Change the Backup notifications level. You can choose one of the following levels:
Off: No notifications
Less: Notifications about backup failures (default)
More: Notifications about backup failures and warnings
All: Notifications about backup failures and warnings, and successful backups
- (optional) Disable Business notifications. If you do this, notifications about exceeded quotas will not be sent to the specified email address.
- Click Add
6. The new user will receive an activation email and will appear in your list of users as inactive.
7. Once the user has activated the account, it will appear in the list as active.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsOnline Backup, account, User Account, create
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel