How to download and install Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook
SynopsisThis guide will explain how to download and install Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
Applicable toAll Microsoft Dynamics CRM users
• You must have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM account
• Windows 7 or higher
• Outlook 2010 or higher
• Microsoft Dynamics for Outlook does not support Outlook for Mac
1. Create a new folder on your desktop, or wherever you prefer, and call it something like “CRM”.
2. Login to your Dynamics 365 portal.
3. In the right upper corner of your Dynamics 365 portal click on the gear icon and select Apps for Dynamics 365.
4. Select Download Dynamics 365 for Outlook.
5. In the next window, make a note of your Dynamics 365 URL. If the download does not start automatically, click on Click this link if it’s not.
6. If using IE (Internet Explorer), you will be prompted to run or to save this download file. Select save as and navigate to the folder you created in step 1.
7. Double click on the exe file CRM2016-ClientOnlineInstaller-ENU.exe
8. You will be asked where to put the extracted files. Navigate to the same folder where you put your .exe file in step 6.
9.Close Outlook and open the folder you created in step 1.
10. Double click on CrmClientSetup.exe to run the installation. You may be prompted to authorize the installation. If so, click Yes.
11. Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
12. Click on Install Now. When the installation has completed, click Close.
13. Start Outlook, and sign in to your Dynamics 365 account with your email address and password.
14. Select Dynamics 365 Online and click Connect. If you do not see CRM Online, please manually enter the CRM URL that you noted earlier in step 5.
15. It is possible that you will be prompted again for your username and password. Select the organization you want to connect to (from the Select organization drop down list) and click Select.
16. Once your organization is loaded you are good to go.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsMicrosoft Dynamics CRM, download, install, Dynamics 365, Outlook, Outlook plugin
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel