How to edit your Master Pages in SharePoint Private Cloud
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to edit the Master Pages of your SherWeb SharePoint Private Cloud site.
Applicable toAll 2013 SherWeb SharePoint Private Cloud accounts
Note: Don’t do this unless you know exactly what you are doing. Also make sure to keep a backup of your unedited Master Pages locally.
- You must have a SharePoint Private Cloud account with SherWeb.
- You must have sufficient rights on the site to manage Master Pages.
- The SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure site feature must be enabled.
- You must have SharePoint Designer 2013.
1. Click on the Windows Start button and navigate to Microsoft Office 2013. Click on SharePoint Designer 2013.
2. Click on Open Site.
3. Enter the URL of your site in the Site name field and click on Open.
4. Enter your credentials into the fields and then click on OK.
5. Click on Master Pages and then click on Seattle.HTML.
6. Click on Edit file.
7. Make the modifications to the Master Page.Note: Please remember to make a copy of all the files you plan on modifying before doing so. If a problem occurs with your site, we can restore it, but please note that you will be charged for that service. Because we specialize in SharePoint hosting and not development, we cannot repair the damage, only restore a previous version of your site (see our SLA to know how far back we can go). Also, you may lose data in the process.
8. Click on the Save icon and test the change.
KeywordsSharePoint 2013, Private cloud, Master Page, edit, Backup, html, SharePoint Designer
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel