How to fix empty Dynamics 365 folders in Outlook
SynopsisThis guide will explain what to do if you are using the Dynamics 365 for Outlook Plug-in, but the ‘Accounts’, ‘Contacts’ or any other Dynamics 365 folders are empty, and the toolbar is disabled when selecting any of these folders.
Applicable toAll Dynamics 365 users
You must have a Dynamics 365 account
If you are using the Dynamics 365 for Outlook Plug-in, but the ‘Accounts’, ‘Contacts’ or any other Dynamics 365 folders are empty, and the toolbar is disabled when selecting any of these folders, it is caused by a missing registry key: EnableRoamingFolderHomepages.Important: Windows registry changes can be very risky; serious problems can occur if done incorrectly. This guide is meant for advanced users, administrators and IT professionals.
Microsoft recommends that you back up the registry before making any modifications, allowing you to restore it should problems arise. Please refer to this Microsoft guide to learn how to back up and restore the registry.
1. Exit Outlook
2. Start RegEdit by typing ‘regedit’ in the Windows search bar.
3. In RegEdit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 (Or the folder that corresponds to your version of Office) > Oultook > Security
4. Under Security, right-click and select ‘New > DWORD (32-bit) Value’. Name it ‘EnableRoamingFolderHomepages’.
5. Right-click on the newly created key and choose ‘modify’. Enter ‘1’ in the ‘Value Data’ and hit ‘OK’.
6. Close RegEdit and Reboot the computer
7. Start Outlook – the changes should take effect after a minute or two.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsDynamics 365, CRM, App, Outlook, empty folder, toolbar, disabled
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel