How to install ADSync on your server
SynopsisHow to install ADSync on your server.
- A server or forest with Active directory. AD Sync is compatible with Windows Server 2003 and 2008, 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The domain version can either be 2003 or 2008, native or mixed mode.
- ADSync enabled in your hosted Exchange provider’s control panel.
- .NET Framework 3.5.
1) Click on Activate under ADSync in the Control Panel.
2) Make sure you have followed all the directions on this page and then check the boxes and click on Activate
3) From your Master AD server, log into the Control Panel and click on Status. Click on Download AD Sync Master to download the AD Sync Master file. You will need to do the same on your AD slave servers with the slave file
4) Run the ADSync master installation on your master server. Click on Next.
5) Choose your installation folder, and then click on Next.
6) Enter the IP address and port number where the master server can be reached and then click on Next.
Note: The port number must have been unlocked in your firewall. The port number should be a random value above 1024. You will need to enter the same value here as in the slave servers.
5) Click on Next.
6) Click on Next.
7) Click on Close.
8) Click on Yes if you are ready to reboot your server. Click on No to reboot the server later. The installation will not be complete until you reboot the server.
If you have multiple servers, follow the steps below to setup your slave servers:
1) Run the ADSync slave installation on your slave server(s). Click on Next.
2) Choose your installation folder then click on Next.
3) Enter your IP address and the port number to reach the master server and then click on Next.
Note: The port number must have been unlocked in your firewall. The port number should be the same as the value you entered in the master server.
4) Click on Next.
5) Click on Close.
6) Click on Yes if you are ready to reboot your server. Click on No to reboot the server later. The installation will not be complete until you reboot the server.
Note: Please refer to the How to Setup the AdSync Job guide once installed.
KeywordsActive Directory, Active Directory Sync, AD Sync, ADSync, A D Sync, server, install, Control Panel, hosted Exchange, Exchange, Exchange hosting
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel