How to install the Compliant Archiving Outlook plug-in
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to install the Compliant Archiving Outlook plug-in. The plug-in is used to perform searches of your archived data directly in your Outlook client.
Applicable toAll SherWeb Compliant Archiving accounts
You must have a Compliant Archiving account with SherWeb.
1. To obtain access to the setup file, look within the provisioning email received from Global Relay for the URL to the download location.
Note: Make sure to know whether you need the 32 or 64 bit version.
2. Double-click on the setup file.
3. Click on Run.
4. Check the box I have read, understood and agree to the terms of the Licence Agreement and then click on Install.
5. Click the Finish button.
6. Open Outlook and find the newly created Global Relay folder and enter your username in the Login ID field. Click on Next.
7. Enter your password and then click on Log in.
Note: Your session keeps you logged in up to 12 hours.
Searching archived messages
8. Searches can be performed by entering the information you are looking for in the search bar. You can search in the following items: subject, body, to field, from field and attachment information. Select a time frame from the drop down menu and then click on Search.
9. To perform an Advanced Search, click on the downward double arrow button located at the left of the search bar, and input the search to refine your search.
10. Click on Folder and then click on Folder Manager.
To search a folder, enter its name in the Search my Folders field and then click on Search. To add a new folder, fill in the Name field and the Description field. You may also search other users’ folders by entering the proper information in the fields under Search other Folders and then clicking on Search.
11. Click on Tools and then on Preferences.
Change your password by filling the Current Password field. Then, complete the New Password and Confirm New Password field. You can also edit preferences for time zone, language, number of results per page, spam filtering, folders selection and access right management on this screen.
12. If you need additional help concerning the Outlook plug-in, please refer to Global Relay’s help guide. You can find it under the Help menu.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordscompliant, Archiving, plug-in, help, preferences, search, foldr
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel