How to speed up Outlook
SynopsisIn some circumstances, when Autodiscover is not configured for the domain or when the local version of your address list (AL domaine.com) does not generate completely, Outlook can be idling in the course of its regular operations. This includes sending email, looking for co-worker in your address book, etc. This guide explains how to accelerate the speed of Outlook using the local version of the address book instead of the Global Address List (GAL).
Applicable toAll Exchange 2010 accounts
- You must have an Exchange 2010 account with SherWeb.
IMPORTANT: Before making any changes in Outlook, it is imperative that you make sure your autodiscover DNS record is properly configured. Please refer to this guide for more assistance.
1) Start Outlook and click on Address Book in the Home tab.
2) Click on Tools.
3) Click on Custom, select your domain’s AL and then click on OK.
Note: If you don’t see your domain’s AL, please refer to this guide for assistance in adding the Autodiscover record. It is required to download your domain’s AL.
1) Click on Address Book in the Tools menu.
2) Click on Options in the Tools menu.
3) Under Show this address list first, select your domain’s AL and click on Apply.
Note: If you don’t see your domain’s AL, select Contacts instead. Please refer to this guide for assistance in adding the Autodiscover record. It is required to download your domain’s AL.
Please contact us for any other questions.
KeywordsHow, to, speed, up, Outlook, Exchange, 2010
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel