How to sync your SharePoint 2013 document libraries with OneDrive for Business
SynopsisThis guide explains how to sync your SharePoint 2013 libraries with OneDrive for Business (formely SkyDrive Pro)
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2013 accounts
You must have a SherWeb hosted SharePoint 2013 account.
You must have the OneDrive for Business sync client installed and running.
OneDrive for Business is installed by default with the MS Office 2013 suite. You can start it by clicking on Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft Office 2013 -> SkyDrive Pro 2013.
1) Open your SharePoint site or document library in an Internet browser.
2) At the top of the page, click on SYNC.
3) The Sync Library wizard starts and automatically adds the web address of the opened site or document library in the appropriate field.Note: If you did not sync any folders before, you can change the location of all future synced folders by clicking on Change.
4) Click on Sync Now. OneDrive creates a folder named SharePoint under the indicated location. The content of every document library will be synced to a local folder under that SharePoint directory.
5) Enter the username and password to access the SharePoint site.
6) If you pasted a SharePoint site URL, the list of available document libraries under that SharePoint site appears. Select the one you would like to sync and click Sync selected.Note: You can only select one at a time.
7) OneDrive starts syncing the content of your document library.
8) OneDrive continues the sync process in the background. Click on Show my files…to open the synced document library folder.
9) If you do not see some of the files yet, wait for the sync to complete. OneDrive shows this icon in the system tray, until the sync is finished.Note: There are limitations related to syncing libraries to your computer with OneDrive for Business:
• You can sync up to 20,000 items in your OneDrive for Business library, including folders and files.
• You can sync up to 5,000 items in other SharePoint libraries, including folders and files.
• In any library, you can download files up to 2 GB.
KeywordsSharePoint 2013, SkyDrive, sync, document, library, OneDrive, pro, business
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel