How to synchronize email with Dynamics 365
SynopsisThis guide will explain how to synchronize Dynamics 365 with your mailbox.
Applicable toAll Microsoft Dynamics CRM users
You must have a Dynamics 365 account and a mailbox.
There are two ways to synchronize email with Microsoft Dynamics 365:
1. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook
Using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook requires that:
- the user downloads and installs Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook.
- the user’s Primary Email Address in Dynamics 365 be identical to the Primary email address of their Outlook profile. This is required for email tracking.
2. Server-side synchronization
Using server-side synchronization requires that:
- the user has Exchange Online (Office 365) on the same tenant as his Dynamics 365.
- the user’s Primary Email Address in Dynamics 365 be identical to the primary email address of an existing Exchange Online mailbox.
For both of the above methods, the following is required:
- The email address in Dynamics 365 must be approved.
- The Dynamics 365 mailbox must be tested.
1. In Dynamics 365, go to Settings > Email Configuration > Mailboxes, select the mailbox in question. Select the appropriate settings for Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router.
2. Select Save
3. Select Approve Email and then Test & Enable Mailbox.
4. Still in the same Dynamics 365 Mailbox, review the alerts to ensure that the synchronization was successful. If not, repeat the previous steps.
If you have any question, please browse our other FAQs, or contact us directly.
KeywordsDynamics 365, Outlook, Dynamics 365 for Outlook, email synchronization
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel