How to use Lync in Exchange 2010 Outlook Web App
SynopsisMicrosoft Lync 2010 integrates with Exchange 2010’s Outlook Web App. This guide shows you how to use it.
Applicable toAll Lync 2010 accounts
You must have a hosted Exchange 2010 account with SherWeb.
You must have a hosted Lync 2010 account with SherWeb.
Add contacts to the IM Contact List:
1. Log in to OWA. Click here for instructions.
2. Click on Add Contact...
3. Click on the user you wish to add to your Lync contact list and then click on Add to IM Contact List. Click on OK.Note: Add to IM Contact List will change to Remove from IM Contact List when you click on it once.
Start a chat:
1. Click on Other Contacts to expand the list of users. Double-click on the user you want to chat with.
2. If nothing happens, check the navigation bar on the top-right. If there is a message stating that a pop-up was blocked, allow pop-ups and try the previous step again.
3. Start typing.
Manage multiple chat sessions at once:
1. Click on the Chat notice, select the active chat you wish to open and then click on Open.
KeywordsExchange 2010, Lync 2010, OWA, Outlook Web App, Integration, Chat, presence, instant, messaging