How to access a Mailbox from a Web browser (Exchange 2007)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to access your mailbox from any browser.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange accounts.
- a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2007 account
- Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007
Note: Using Microsoft's Internet Explorer is recommended for an optimal experience. However, using any other browser will enable access, except Safari, which only provides Outlook Web Access Light at the moment.
- Open the Web browser of your choice.
- Enter http://webmail.sherweb.com in the address bar to access Outlook Web Access.
- Enter your login credentials and then click on Log in.
- Now logged in, you can access your entire mailbox, including your emails, contacts, calendar and public folders.
1) Email “disappears” from OWA Inbox:
- Make sure that while in your Inbox, you are using a view that shows all of your messages. If you are using the “Unread Messages” view, OWA will only display the email that has yet to be read and all other emails will seem to have disappeared. You will see the emails by using the proper view.
- Also make sure that you are viewing all of the pages of your email. OWA will typically display 50 messages on a single page and you must therefore scroll to the additional pages to view all of your email should there be a large volume in your Inbox.
- It's also possible that you have a computer setup with Outlook elsewhere that is set to deliver emails to "Personal Folders" and is therefore downloading all emails off of the ihostedexchange system to a local computer's disk drive.
2) Only the “latest emails” shows up in my OWA Inbox. I’m missing “older emails”:
- See the scrolling pages issue in 1b above.
- See the setup issue in 1c above.
3) I cannot log into OWA:
- Make sure that you are using the e-mail address and password that were given to you when you registered.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsaccess, mailbox, OWA, webmail, IE, browser, Outlook Web Access