How to activate a Blackberry using Wireless Enterprise Activation
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to activate your BlackBerry using Wireless Enterprise Activation for Exchange.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange accounts.
- a hosted Exchange account with SherWeb
- a BlackBerry device with wireless cellular service and an accompanying plan
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server with a wireless carrier
- a BlackBerry software version 4.0 or above
- a good wireless signal strength (greater than -90dBm)
- Activate the device in the Control Panel.
- On your device’s desktop, select Options.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select Enterprise Activation.
- Enter the email address and activation password1 provided when you enabled the service in SherWeb's Control Panel.
- Press the Menu key and select Activate.
- Once activation is done, an Activation Complete pop-up window will appear. Click on OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- This activation password is only used to activate your mailbox. It will be rendered invalid after three unsuccessful activation attempts and it will expire 30 days after creation. Once the handheld is successfully activated, the password is removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. A new activation password can be generated at any time by disabling and re-enabling the service in SherWeb's Control Panel. Please refer to the FAQ #280: How to deactivate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2010) and the FAQ #281: How to activate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2010). If you have Exchange 2010 refer to the FAQ #71: How to deactivate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2007) and the FAQ #70: How to activate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2007) if you have Exchange 2007. For an Exchange 2013 account, refer to the FAQ #803: How to deactivate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2013) and the FAQ #802: How to activate a BlackBerry (Exchange 2013).
KeywordsBlackBerry, activate, Enterprise Activation, Exchange
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel