How to set up an account on Android (Exchange 2010)
SynopsisHow to add your Exchange 2010 account to your Droid mobile device.
Applicable toAll SherWeb 2010 hosted Exchange accounts.
- You must have a SherWeb 2010 hosted Exchange account
Note: These settings are as generic as we can make them. Since Android devices are varied and do not follow a unified method of setting up ActiveSync, please refer to your manufacturer’s setup guide for exact instructions.
1. Go to Menu.
2. Go to Accounts & sync settings.
3. Press Add account.Notes:
There are 3 possible sets of settings to use. If method A does not work, try method B. If that fails, try method C.
It may happen that with recent devices, using method A, the user's email address should be entered in the Domain\Username field.
I. Enter your email address in the Email field, your password in the Password field and then press Next.
II. Enter DOMAIN\your_SAM_account_name in the DOMAIN\Username field (You really need to type “DOMAIN”, not your domain). You can find your SAM account name in your Control Panel in the Contact Information section (ex: user_example.com).
Note: Newer accounts could require you to put S04\your_SAM_account_name instead of DOMAIN\.
I. Enter your email address in the Email field, your password in the Password field and leave the Domain field blank.
II. Enter your email address in the Username field.
I. Enter your full email address in the Email field, your password in the Password field and then press Next.
II. Enter Domain\Username: DOMAIN\user’s full email address in the DOMAIN\Username field (You really need to type “DOMAIN”, not your domain).
4. You can find your server address in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com).
5. Check the box Requires SSL and then press Next.
6. Press Automatic push.
7. Choose how far back you want to sync in the Amount to synchronize field.
8. Press Next.
9. In the Give this account a name field, you may give a screen name to your account (optional).
10. Enter the name you wish recipients of your emails to see in the Your name field (displayed on outgoing messages).
11. Press Done
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsDroid, Mobile Device, Exchange 2010, set up