Manual configuration guide for Outlook 2010 (Exchange 2007)
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to manually configure Outlook 2010 with your Exchange account.
Applicable toAll SherWeb hosted Exchange 2007 accounts.
- a SherWeb hosted Exchange 2007 account
- Outlook 2010
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Right-click on the Microsoft Outlook Email icon and then select Properties. Note: if you are using Windows 7, please ignore this step. Instead, go to your (Windows) Control Panel and double-click on Mail.
- Click on Add.
- Enter a name in the Profile name field and then click on OK.
- Click on Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click on Next.
- Click on Microsoft Exchange and then click on Next.
- Enter vmbx121 in the Microsoft Exchange server field.
- Check the box Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Enter your email address in the User Name field, and then click on More Settings.
- Select the Connection tab and then check the box Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP.
- Click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Enter webmail..net in the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field.
- Check the box On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP.
- Change NTLM Authentication to Basic Authentication and then click on OK.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- Make sure your email address is in the User Name field and then click on Check Name.
- Enter your password in the Password field and then click on OK.
- When Outlook stops, loading the server should have changed as well as your user name. Both should be underlined. Click on Next and then click on Finish.
- Close the Mail screen and open Outlook. When you are asked for your password, enter it into the Password field.
- A message box will appear in the lower right of your screen stating that Microsoft Outlook is setting up a local copy of your mailbox. It may be several minutes until all of your data is available. Once you see All folders are up to date and Connected to Microsoft Exchange, you can begin using your newly configured Exchange profile.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsmanual, configuration, Exchange, outlook 2010