How to create DNS records for an automatic configuration of the Skype for Business 2019 client
SynopsisThis guide will explain what you need to do to automatically configure your organization users settings on their devices after installing the Skype for Business 2019 client
Applicable toAll Sherweb Hosted Skype for Business 2019 accounts
- You must have access to your domain’s DNS records
- A Sherweb Hosted Skype for Business 2019 account
How toNote: In order to automate Skype for Business 2019 client configuration in your organization, you need to create a new record in your DNS.
Your DNS may not be hosted at Sherweb. Please make sure you contact your DNS provider if you do not know how to do this.
1. You can find your Skype for Business 2019 record name in your Control Panel in the Organization Administrator Information section (ex: Autodiscover lyncdiscover.19.mysfb2019.com).
2. Log into your DNS administrative interface to create the new record.
CNAME - the value you found in Step 1.
3. Wait 1 to 24 hrs before trying to setup your Skype for Business 2019 client application.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information.
KeywordsSkype for Business 2019, Autoconfigure, Autodiscover, setup, dns, Mobile, iPhone, Android
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel