Please select a product
How to repair the Outlook autocomplete cache
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to repair the Outlook autocomplete cache.
Applicable toAll Sherweb hosted Exchange accounts
- A Sherweb hosted Exchange account.
It may happen that the Autocomplete Cache gets corrupted with the following symptoms:
- an e-mail address added to the autocomplete does not appear any more 24 hours after being removed
- or the autocomplete cache becomes empty 24 hours after the addition .
This issue is solved by repairing the cache.
- Close Outlook and make sure its process is not running using the Task manager.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Copy-paste the following string %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache into the address bar.
- Delete any .dat file which name starts by Stream_Autocomplete_0_.
- Restart Outlook. This will create a new and healthy Stream_Autocomplete file for a brand new cache.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook, repair, autocomplete, Cache, stream
Was this article helpful?Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Please let us know how we can improve this FAQ articleSubmitCancel